Tuesday 13 November 2012

Influences & Satanic Symbols

The narrative of my trailer involves a demon which belongs to a satanic cult so i decided to feature a symbol which will re-appear throughout the trailer. I was inspired to use a symbol after watching movies such as 'Sinister' and 'Insidious'. Whilst researching this idea, I came across the trailer for the movie 'Dragonfly' even though this movie is not of the horror genre, the trailer is a good example of how I would like to feature my symbol into my trailer.


'Dragonfly' Trailer


Below I have researched possible symbols which can represent the cult and feature in my trailer: 




I thought of two different designs which are shown below:



After looking at the possible outcomes I decided my favourite image is design idea 1. This is influenced by the 666 image posted above and the Sulphur 5 image placed on the chart. Below is a video where you can see me drawing the new symbol and explaining my reasons behind it:







1 comment: